All players are encouraged to attend as many sessions as what pertain to your level. If you have any questions about what level evaluation to attend, please contact me via email.
Fall Evaluations are this Saturday August 22nd as scheduled:
9:00am Any player needing equipment to borrow should report at this time
9:30am New players with little or no experience
10:00am Returning players from previous season NHL & AHL divisions
11:30 am Returning players from previous season IHL, SPHL and/or ECHL
Please let me know if you are registered and can not attend evaluations, or if you plan to attend evaluations and have not registered yet.
Monday August 24th
6:00pm Any New players with little or no experience
Tuesday August 25th
6:00pm Returning players from previous season NHL & AHL divisions
7:00pm Returning players from previous season IHL and/or SPHL divisions
Saturday August 29th
Times to be determined based on registered players
Any children that would like to come out and try hockey before you decide to commit is welcome to do so this Saturday at 9:30am. We have equipment that may be borrowed for trying hockey before you decide (come at 9:00am if you need equipment). They do not need to know how to skate to participate. You must purchase $14 AAU insurance to participate and register online to complete the liability waiver, but you DO NOT need to pay for the season until you've tried it! Please email me at email@example.com if you are interested in trying hockey first!!
If you haven't already registered, please register today if you are plan to play this season. If you need time to complete payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements, but PLEASE get them registered online ASAP.
We are making some changes to the program this fall and have some big announcements.
1. CHILL Fall 2015 season will begin after August 15th. Registration will begin August 15th when AAU memberships can be renewed. Evaluations will be done August 22nd starting at 9:00am, August 24th , August 26th , and August 29th. You are strongly encouraged to attend as many evaluation sessions as possible to give the coaching evaluators more than one look. Once evaluations are complete, preliminary teams will be chosen and mini-scrimmage games will be played on Sept 5th. Regular Season games will begin Sept 12th and the season finals will be November 14th.
2. There will be NO volunteer requirements this fall. The cost of the season will be $149, there will be a sibling discount cost at $109 per additional sibling. Head coaches will receive a discounted cost at $109. There will be volunteer opportunities for those that request it, however those opportunities will be extremely limited.
3. We will have 5 PAID positions this fall in an attempt to eliminate the volunteer requirement aspect. If you are interested or know someone who would be interested in fulfilling one of these positions, please contact email@example.com
a. There will be 2 paid staff members in the concession stand during on CHILL games
b. There will be a paid GRILL Master that will be responsible for 4 hours of grilling per game day.
c. There will be 2 paid staff members at the scoretable during games.
4. There will be 3 Coordinator positions that will receive a $100 discount off their first registration.
a. There will be a Rink Crew Coordinator. This person will be responsible for organizing anyone that would like to volunteer to help with rink set up before games, rink breakdown after the games and those that are willing to volunteer for rain day crew.
b. There will be a Staffing Coordinator. This person will be responsible for organizing people in the 5 paid positions.
c. There will be a Supply Coordinator. This person will be responsible for weekly inventory purchases. This includes; snacks, drinks, grill food (hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, condiments), paper products (plates, cups, napkins). The staff coordinator should receive an inventory each week from the concession staff and grill master in order to have a ready list of supplies that must be purchased that week. Drink orders MUST be made through CRPA on Mondays each week and all supplies must be shopped and picked up on Thursdays or Fridays and brought to the rink.
5. Each division will have a division representative that will assist the director in team selections prior to the season beginning. This person will also coordinate with coaches and parents to report to the director any needs, comments or complaints that need to be addressed.
6. CHILL will begin a new middle school and high school team this season that will compete against other Atlanta programs in AARHO and GHRA respectfully. With the growth of CHILL’s program, we can now offer these additional opportunities for our older, more experienced players. The middle school and/or high school teams can not replace the rec program's participation and game schedules will be adjusted to accommodate participation in CHILL rec league as well as the school teams. Both programs have to support one another in order for them to each survive. There will be additional costs to cover the entry fee as well as home and away jerseys for the team. If you would like more information about competing on one of these teams please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. CHILL is starting a new BEGINNER program for those players under 11 yrs old that can not skate. Foot hockey or deck hockey will allow those players that can not already skate an opportunity to play the game for the first half to three-quarters of the season in shoes while coming to practices to learn how to skate. Players will play 6-8 games throughout the fall. Players may borrow skates during practices on a first come first serve basis. Players will play cross rink games and will be required to have all other required equipment to play and practice.
For those interested in coming to the summer mini-clinics there is a signup genius to signup. We need to have a minimum of 10-12 players participate for each session for the clinics to run. Sign up today.
-- See you at the rink! Matt Hackett Hockey Director 770-851-1558
Congratulations to all the players that improved so much this spring season.
Listed below are the individual awards winners.
MVP- The most valuable player in the division
Top Defender - The most valuable defensive player.
Most Improved - Awarded to the player that improves their game the most, either physically, mentally or both.
110% Award - Player that gives 110% every time their wheels hit the rink
Top Playmaker - The players that makes plays. Passing, scoring, defense, whatever it takes
Top Goalie Save Percentage
Sportsmanship - Awarded to the player that demonstrates sportsmanship regardless of the game situation, both on the rink and off.
The best available players in CHILL's divisions laid it out on the line in what was one of the best games ever played at CHILL. Congratulations to all the players that made the rostered ECHL all-stars.