The best available players in CHILL's divisions laid it out on the line in what was one of the best games ever played at CHILL. Congratulations to all the players that made the rostered ECHL all-stars.
Here is a glimse at the best young talent available we have at CHILL in the IHL division this Spring 2015. It was a good game with a lot of passing, good shooting and some great goaltending. Congratulations to those players that made the roster.
Congratulations to all the players for a fantastic season. There was a lot of skill improvement and development in each of the divisions this spring. The following players were selected by the coaches and the director to represent their division in an all-star game. Unfortunately not everyone can make the all-star team and tough choices have to be made to fill all the roster spots and to ensure the best game possible based on player availability. Please come out and watch some fun, fast hockey and cheer on the players at CHILL.
Thank you to those that submitted designs, if you'd like your design to be considered for future seasons, please get them to me ASAP as the art setup takes some time and preparation. I truly feel like CHILL is a "family" and hope your experience with CHILL has had a family feel for you as well. Being around the hockey rink for years and years, some of my closest and longest friendships are with people associated with hockey. Our goal is to have people feel the same way about others they met from CHILL years from now.
I know this looks absolutely confusing, but it will make sense and be a lot of fun on Sunday May 3rd. If I have missed any players, I apologize. I do need some help with the concession stand and working the scoretable for most of the day. I have a few people that have volunteered and I will post that list tomorrow night, but please feel free to send me an email if you can help. If you need volunteer hours for CHILL, this is an open day to help get your hours in.
1. Team photos Saturday before your scheduled games. COME EARLY! We will be on a very tight schedule to get pictures taken and keep games rollin close to schedule. Your help is essential and we will NOT be able to wait for someone if we are ready and they are late.
a. We will take pictures without helmets, but with gloves and sticks. COACHES please designate where you want YOUR team to place their helmets so they are out of the way and not confused with another teams. Somewhere near the players bench will be preferable.
b. A new twist this season, we are going to take a team picture before the games on the rink and after the game off the rink. Please have your players ready to go on the rink 15 minutes before the scheduled start time and please do not leave or get undressed immediately after the games.
c. NO PARENTS will be permitted on the rink to take team pictures. The league photographers will handle set up and taking team photos to expedite the process. Team photos will be available for you, so you won't miss out.
2. It is going to be hot and sunny this weekend. Players please drink lots of fluids before the game and parents please have enough water on the bench for your player. Parents are STILL not allowed on the bench during games so pre-planning your players drinks is essential.
3. With regard to player drinks on the benches. PLEASE have water or other clear fluid in a bottle with a straw. There are too many players bringing capped waters or squirt water bottles on the benches during games. Coaches and players do have time during the games to take helmets off to drink and squirt bottles end up soaking the player benches.
4. There have been some changes and updates to the schedules, rosters, goalies, referees and makeup games. Please check the schedule regularly and most importantly on Fridays to be sure you have the most current and up to date schedule of events. If you are on the schedule and can not make it, please let me know sooner than later. But most importantly, please check for your name or players name on the schedule.
5. We are having a Cheer for CHILL day on May 9th. Have your players bring a friend from school to cheer him or her on and have some fun.
6. If anyone has any spare barstools with backs that they would like to donate to the rink, we could use 2 at the scoretable.
7. Lastly, team jerseys are CHILL property. Any jerseys that have been supplied to you must be returned at the end of the season. We are missing a good many jerseys. If you would please check around and see if you can help locate any jerseys that you didn't purchase.
Let's finish off the season strong and have some good fun as we "roll" into May!