CHILL GAMES 5-10-14 Important Information

Ok folks, first and foremost, an early Happy Mothers Day to all our CHILL moms. Secondly, being Mother's Day Weekend, Mother Nature is taking her turn at showing who's in control around here and weather forecasters predict a sketchy day tomorrow!!! With that being said and playoff hockey in the wings, we need to have a contingency plan for this weekend.

So here goes: If the 9:00am game between the Gulls and the Komets can be started at 9:00am they will play as scheduled. If there are any delays because of the rink being wet in the morning that can not be dried by 9:00am, that game will be rescheduled for a day during the week, or sometime next Saturday.

The 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 and 1:00 playoff games need to do everything within our powers to get these games played tomorrow. If that means we need to be prepared to stay and wait out the rain and dry the rink multiple times, we will do what we can to try to get these games played. Unfortunately, the alternative will be to play these games Sunday afternoon starting around 12:00 or 1:00pm. There are too many conflicts during the week to try to get them played during the week nights. Weather forecasters (I think everyone knows my opinion about them) predict that there will be a break in the weather between 9:30 and 2:00pm tomorrow and again from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. IHL and ECHL playoff teams, PLEASE be prepared that we WILL try to play some time tomorrow regardless of the delays.

AHL 2:00, 3:00, & 4:00pm games will obviously be played on schedule if the weather cooperates tomorrow. If it does not, we will attempt to get in any games we can up until starting time of 7:00pm. Please check the website for delays in the schedule. If we can not play these games this week, we will attempt to reschedule these games for a day during next week and they will NOT be rescheduled for Sunday 5-11-14.

I understand this is not an ideal scenario, however it is very important that we get the IHL and ECHL playoff games played on Saturday if at all possible. I thank everyone in advance for their extreme patience and flexibility with any weather delays. With that being said, we will also need as much help as possible to get the rink dried as quickly as possible to get these 4 games played. THANK YOU.

Coaches- Team Parents - please have your teams roster available to you to notify players and parents of any schedule changes. I will make every effort to post that information on the website in a timely manner. I know some people are coming from a greater distance, but with tomorrow's uncertainy of weather I can not say for 100% accuracy that you may not have to make a few u-turns before decisions about play can be made.